Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The case of the missing cage (part 2)


...i was very puzzled,
okay, so if those two birds her cuzzin drew were Shilah and me, then who were the two smaller birds?

the girls abandoned the board and went outside the door.
i didn't want to be kpo, so i didn't see where they went.
i turned to shilah, who had finshed eating the millet.
HMPH! she didn't save anything for me!
just then, the smell of fresh millet spray wafted into the room and the cuzzin walked back in carrying another spray!
whoopee!
i forgot all about the missing cage and greedily started eating the spray...

for the next half an hour or so,
these things took my mind off the cage:
-my human constantly playing Maplestory while i watched her.
-more food
-my fave play toys
-Shilah
-grooming myself

it wasn't until i felt a little weary and exhausted and Shilah began to complain about her wing when i realised the absence of the cage again.

you see, i wanted a little rest after all that frolicking about Shilah wanted to nurse her injured wing.
i looked around desperately for the cage, while Shilah remained stoic.

rattle rattle.
rattle rattle.
clang! shwoop!

the cage! those noises were definitely made by the cage!
i traced the sound to the corridor...i strained my eyes to see the cage....
and there it was! the cage! our cage!
i prepared to fly.
it took a long time preparing especially since i was growing tired and my flight wings had recently been clipped. i had to fly a pretty long distance to reach the cage.
just as i was about to take off, the cuzzin spotted me and screamed to my human
"oei! shiloh see the cage already! quick hide it! HIDE IT! stop him! oei! he see the cage liao!"
in the sudden chaos and pandemonium, the cuzzin grabbed a tissue and waved it in front of me to distract me (same old trick!), then promptly dropped it on top of me.
meanwhile, my human stood in between me and the cage to block me from flying there.

i made a quick plan, i knew that the cuzzin couldn't hold me properly, and that my human girl wouldn't be quick enuff to catch me before i flew to the cage, so i struggled with the tissue awhile, flexed my wings, and flew at full speed back to the cage.my human made a grab for me, the cuzzin tried to prevent Shilah from escaping, too.
Shilah was too quick for her and dashed after me, i skidded to a halt on the shiny wooden floor then proceeded to scramble agilely up my cage bars.
Shilah followed suit.

my human had other plans, no way was she going to let us get away with that, she grabbed me mid-way up the cage and roughly handed me to the cuzzin, who kept her hand over my head to trap me in the cup of her palms. the cuzzin deposited me on the computer desk and went back to help lug the cage away. (mind you, the cage is very heavy and big. it has four levels, if you must know.)
my human girl had gotten hold of shilah and had dumped her with me on the desk. i was a little bewildered at first, and tried to fly back, but i couldn't see the cage anymore.

those cunning human girls, they had a winning plan for every situation...

i gave up and willingly stayed on the desk with no other attempts to find the cage.
throughout the whole day, i pretty much began to enjoy life on the computer desk.even though i got chided time and time again for pooping in between the gaps in the key board and on the table, but all in all, we got lots of millet spray and attention so that was okay.

i decided to leave finding the cage to shilah the next time, seeing as she hadn't contributed one bit in finding the cage at all. for now, i nice nap and a little more millet would do just fine...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

yawns and rubbing of eyes,
Shiloh.

No comments: